Law Office of Ariel Brownell
Resolving Family Conflict with Heart



Resolving Family Conflict with Heart

Welcome to the Law Office of Ariel Brownell! We are a boutique law firm located in Walnut Creek. We understand how difficult and emotional family law cases are and strive to provide quality care and customer service in guiding you through the legal process. Please contact me to schedule a consultation.





961 Ygnacio Valley Road
Walnut Creek, CA 94596

(925) 421-1529


Practice Areas


A judgment of divorce terminates your marriage.  It will also allow you to divide your property, provide for the support of the other party and your children.


If you and the other party cannot resolve a custody or visitation dispute you may be required to attend a mediation session with a family court services mediator.  Your attorney may not be allowed to attend the mediation with you but you can meet with your attorney ahead of time to prepare for the mediation.

Child custody

Legal Custody  The parent with legal custody makes the decisions relating to the health, education and welfare oftheir child.   Parents can share joint legal custody or one parent can have sole legal custody. (Family Code sections 3003 and 3006)

Physical Custody  Joint physical custody means that each parent cares for the childfor significant periods of times.  Sole physical custody means that the child lives with one parent and visits with the other parent. (Family Code sections 3004 and 3007)

Annulment of marriage

This is available if the parties meet certain requirements and the marriage is void or voidable.  Discuss your specific case with your attorney,

Child Visitation

This is the time that you spend with your children.  If you and the other party cannot agree on the timeshare schedule for the children, then the court will make the decision based upon the best interests of the children.  The timeshare schedule may differ based upon the age of the children and their needs.

Child Support

The father and mother of a minor child have an equal responsibility to support their child in the manner suitable to the child’s circumstances. (Family Code section 3900)  This duty continues as to an unmarried minor child until he or she completes the 12th grade or attains the age of 19 years, whichever occurs first. (Family Code section 3901)


The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.
— Socrates


Let's discuss your case.

Please provide a brief description regarding your family law need. Do not include confidential or sensitive information in this communication. The sending of this form does not create an attorney-client relationship. Anything you send will not be confidential or privileged unless I have agreed to represent you. If you submit this form, you confirm that you have read and understand this notice. Please feel free to call me at (925) 421-1529 to schedule a consultation.

Name *
Please do not include confidential or sensitive information in your message.